Not many people know that only 15 km away from Naples there is one of the largest volcano area – made of more than 40 craters – dating back to 4000 years ago. Solfatara and Campi Flegrei represent an unusual, rare and surprising way to visit the area. A way you won’t forget.
Along the Flegrea coast road the landscape turn into something different from the rest of the city: castles, Roman baths, adorable villas in the middle of the water and typical marina. Don’t miss out the local cuisine and the soul of this little wonder!
What the price does not include
Entry tickets for attractions
What will we do
• Time of departure: 9 a.m from your hotel– or a meeting point
• First stop: San Gennaro Sanctuary, a fantastic spot to introduce you to this suggestive area from the top
• Arrival at the magnificent Castello Aragonese, located on a small piece of land straight on the sea
• A beautiful nature hike to Lago D’Averno: a lovely excursion along the rivers of a former crater
• Lunchbreak with a packed meal
• Visit to the spectacular, elegant and unique Casina Vanvitelliana, a little villa which will steal your heart – and that you will get never tired of portraying in your pictures
• Time for a dive into the Mediterranean Sea from Torregaveta shores, or - if you want – a refreshing ice-cream on the beach
• Three choices for a breathtaking sunset: San Martino Belvedere, Monte di Procida view or the cosy Acquamorta pier